Oh isn't that cute! I never would have thought of that. Great tip, Michael!

Christopher

On Oct 24, 2006, at 4:45 PM, Michael Cook wrote:

Christopher Smith described the method with the custom line tool. But there's another way, by making the text into a "custom arrowhead", which permits 360° rotation:

- Use the Expression tool and go through the usual steps to get to the Shape Designer.
- Draw a line, then select it.
- Choose "Arrowheads..." in the Shape Designer menu.
- Choose "Custom" next to "End" and click on create.
- Another Shape Designer window opens where you can create the custom arrowhead. Here you type in the text block, choosing font and making carriage returns as needed. - Once you've typed in the text, OK the dialogs to get back to the original Shape Designer window. There will be a line with your text at the end of it. - Rotate the line until the text is going in the direction you want it to, then give the line zero thickness so it no longer shows up. - You now have a shape expression containing vertical text which can be placed anywhere in the score.