Matthew Hindson fastmail acct wrote:
[snip]
* I tried also extracting a part to a separate file (the 'old fashioned' way) and the strange thing that happened there was that the last two bars totally disappeared. Then I added to new bars at the end to reenter the music manually - and it added the missing two bars!

* Is there any way to enter a text block (not a text expression) to appear just in one part? I entered it off the page and dragged it in to the part in which it was needed, but surely there must be a better way.

It's well worth checking Finale 2007 parts very closely I think.

The missing two bars may have simply needed updating for the original final 2 bars to show up. I haven't run into this problem so far.

Entering page text blocks (as opposed to measure-attached text-blocks) affects only the part they're on, not the whole score and other parts.

--
David H. Bailey