Fercrissakes, Phil, must you turn EVERYTHING into a platform war?

Apple uses Pioneer optical drives, which are among the most reliable in the industry. Many PC manufacturers use the exact same drives.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY

On 10 Nov 2006, at 1:37 PM, Phil Daley wrote:

At 11/10/2006 01:23 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

>> I wonder if Macs are less reliable at reading CDs than Windows?
>
>On what basis would you wonder such a thing? The OS could not
>possibly have anyting to do with it -- it's entirely an issue of the
>media and the hardware that writes to it.

Right, and I am wondering if Mac CD readers and writers are less reliable that PC ones.

Macs are much more limiting on what hardware you can install.

Also, they have changed their whole configuration multiples times.

Seems like a reasonable question to me.

Phil Daley          < AutoDesk >
http://www.conknet.com/~p_daley