There is a utility on the Mac called Wire Tap that captures anything coming out of the speakers as a sound file. I am sure that something similar exists on the PC side as well.

I have used it in the past when I needed to create a sound file from Finale with a click recorded - apparently when I save as an audio file the click is not included.

Christopher