Sorry, David.

I think you did, by responding to it. I have my own opinions on these matters - personal ones, informed only by my limited experience. I respect the fact that your experience (and that of others) is greater.

Every once in a while, someone will make a provocative statement on this subject, or a statement that may be seen as provocative. Here's a suggestion: if the statement doesn't need refuting because of an important factual error (not an inconsequential one), I'd consider ignoring it to be a gracious act.

I'm ready to take a stand on topics of importance and to help others understand things in areas where my experience might useful. In the case of platform wars, I come in peace.

Chuck