At 03:01 PM 12/13/2006, Will Denayer wrote:
>I found the squiggly diagonal line a while ago through my own efforts
>(i.e. without the 'manual'), but I am not pleased with it. I thought
>that a glissando is being written as a straight line between notes

If you point your cursor at the Glissando Tool, you should see that the status bar at the bottom tells you can Ctrl-Click the tool to specify how the glissando looks. One of the options (the third one down, in my template) is a straight line. Click Duplicate, then Edit. In the lower left-hand corner of the dialog, click the Edit button for Center Full and type 'Glissando', then do the same for Center Abbr and type 'Gliss.', changing fonts to suit what you want. you may also want to tweak the Position a little to get the word to sit above the line.

Aaron.