At 12/20/2006 11:15 AM, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

>This is what happen.
>When I bought P-III 1GHz Dimension, I reformatted it and installed Win2K
>Japanese as the usual thing I do.  I don't trust pre-installed OS wither
>Mac or Windows.  Besides Windows isn't single binary install as all the
>rest of the world is :-(
>
>Only to realize WinDVD software which was pre-installed wasn't on the
>accompanied CDs so I called them.  They said now I have to pay for it,
>the full retail for WinDVD, and blaming on me reformatting it.

Yes, this is a huge problem with PC manufacturers that don't provide OS media.

It is well documented that some people who buy systems do not get CDs with the OS.

One of the great reasons to buy from HP.

They not only provide the OS on a CD, the also provide CDs with the updated drivers.

Phil Daley          < AutoDesk >
http://www.conknet.com/~p_daley