I am a bit surprised by this. I noticed as soon as I installed 2007a that only one version remained on my finale folder and that I didn't need to copy all my iKey shortcuts to a newly created app (2007a). It still read as 2007 except if I click on “about Finale” on the Finale menu.
This was great news to me.
I also grabbed 2007a as soon as it was announced.

Éric