On Jan 22, 2007, at 8:35 PM, Kim Patrick Clow wrote:

Hi all!

Please bear with me, this is only the 2nd time I've done this.

I have a Finale document that I'm finally happy with. The score and
parts look fine.
The parts were troublesome and very time consuming Let's call that
"File A.". My question is this: can I somehow get the layout from
"File A" to my new file "File B."

I want the staves to be placed on the same EXACT area. I really do not
want to spend hours and hours tweaking the placement. Any help or
suggestions GREATLY appreciated.

The way I've always done this is to copy the music from File A and paste it into File B, then save under the name File A1 (so as not to lose everything if I make a mistake.) I also have to change the instrument titles and transpositions, but that is quick.

If it is only the number of measures per line that I want to preserve, I hold the printed copy of File B in my hand while I manually adjust File A onscreen with the Mass Edit and up and down arrows. This rarely takes more than a minute per part.

With Finale's new copying behaviours, there might be more incisive ways to copy details of layout, but my needs are usually met by one of the above methods.

Christopher