On Feb 6, 2007, at 7:14 AM, shirling & neueweise wrote:

Music Theory, maybe throughout history, is and was always a result of analizing, ...

Ah, yes. I've always thought this was true.

hey will, don't generalize, i had some really interesting profs over the years... well, at least one.

Me too. The extraordinary composer, Harold Shapero, who gave me a "B" for bad in harmony and then said, "You're enough of a musician that you'll do this all over for yourself by the time you're 30." At age 29, I went to Hall Overton, who showed me how to do just that (among other important things), and whatever I learned about writing music from teachers, I learned mostly from those two. How did Harold know I'd actually want to learn harmony one day - that's the mystery! Harold is still alive and writing beautiful music - retired from Brandies University.

Chuck

(yeh i thought that would go unnoticed too)

--

shirling & neueweise ... new music publishers
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] :.../ http://newmusicnotation.com

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836