I've been using HP printers for the past 8 years or so, starting with the old 4MV, to the 5000m and now currently the 5100. I lease my computers and printers so I get a new one every 2-3 years, so I haven't encountered the wearing out issue too much. Of the 3, I thought the 5000 was the most robust. The 5100 not as much so. Like Chuck, I've experienced problems with the duplexer, especially regarding paper weight and 8.5 x 14 paper, which won't go thru the duplexer at all.

My lease on the 5100 is up in May and I'll look at the 5200 but I'll also be scouting out other brands, including Xante. But all in all, my experiences with all my HP printers have been mostly positive. They are built like tanks and the output is extremely good.

J D  Thomas
ThomaStudios