Sounds like your problem was just Finale crashing. It happens, though a lot less than it did under System 9! When I switched to OSX I estimate my crashes went down to 5 to 10% of what they were in System 9. That's 10 to 20 TIMES less often!

Most of the problems I have with Finale fall into two categories:

1) Reproducible bugs, or at least consistent behaviour that I might not like (I know that's not the same as a bug!)

2) things I've never seen before, and never see again, usually curable by quitting and restarting Finale, or possibly logging out and then back in again, or as a last resort, rebooting the computer.

The much talked-about overwrite bug that seemed to get me so often was usually accompanied by odd behaviour just before it hit, like Metatool keys not working, or other keyboard commands having no effect while the menu items worked fine. I haven't seen it at all in 2006, which makes it about a year since I last saw it.

Christopher