My preference is to move the accidental slightly closer to the notehead,
increase the spacing between the two notes slightly, and to end the line
visibly (i.e. between staff lines), and at an angle so that it still
points to the notehead.  No idea whether this matches up to any
convention, though.  A quick glance at a couple of scores (Ravel and
Ferneyhough) turns up all sorts of inconsistencies in both.