On 21.03.2007 Aaron Sherber wrote:
What you do want to be careful of is that you don't hit the Generate Parts
button after you already have some linked parts, because that will delete all
your existing parts and auto-create new parts for your score. (Finale will warn
you about this first.) If you are manually adding parts, the correct procedure
is to use the New Part button, define your part, and then hit OK. This will add
the new part and preserve your existing parts.

I don't know what others think, but personally I see this as one of the most unintuitive implementations in Finale. The potential risk of error, and consequential disaster is so high, it is like putting a huge note on the screen saying "throw your computer out of the window now or it will explode". Or worse.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de