Kim Patrick Clow wrote:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
dhbailey écrit:
Neither am I, though the PDF seems to say so (an Urtext edition of Mozart
would indeed be a "scientific edition" of a musical work), nor do I think
it would be good for the publishing business.

The way I understand copyrights here in the states (and the way I read
the introductory text to the German law) the copyright law is for the
good of the society-- not the publishers' good. The quote applies to

There's no way that copyright laws here in the U.S. can be construed as anything other than being for the benefit of the publishers, when the terms keep getting extended further every 20 years or 20. There are even people who are proposing that copyrights should never expire.

How does that help society?

--
David H. Bailey