At 09:44 AM 4/28/2007, shirling & neueweise wrote:

>>But as for expressions attached to page coordinates: isn't that what
>>the Text tool is for?
>
>what about movement titles? copyright notices on individual pieces in
>a set with part extraction? performance notes as "footnotes"?

I haven't dealt with the latter two, but for movement titles I use measure expressions, and in this case measure offset coordinates work better than page coordinates.

In a part, a new movement may begin anywhere vertically on the page: the top system, a middle system, etc. So page coordinates aren't very useful. But in the things I do, the movement always begins at the first measure at the beginning of a system. So my movement titles will always be a certain distance above that measure and a certain distance to the right, to get them horizontally centered on the page.

Aaron.