On 29 Apr 2007 at 20:13, Chuck Israels wrote:

> This shows up alright on my Mac.  It looks fine to me except perhaps
> for placement of floating rests having to do with multiple vocal
> parts.  I have to assume they are placed where they were put by the
> composer.

No, Orlando Gibbons was dead several hundred years before Finale was
invented!

I just haven't bothered with the floating rests, simply because I'm
actually going to eliminate the multiple voices and fold them into
individual parts (which is the point of the exercise).

Maybe that was what my correspondent was complaining about after all.