I didn't get all the way down to the phoneme level, but I did try to precisely notate Frank's rhythms and phrasing, which was very challenging.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY

On 30 Apr 2007, at 12:29 PM, John Howell wrote:

At 1:12 AM -0400 4/30/07, Darcy James Argue wrote:
One really great assignments we had at NEC was to transcribe vocal and instrumental versions of the same song, including the accompaniment. The goal here was, in fact, to make the vocal transcription as exact as possible -- not as something you'd ever give to a singer, but as a written document of the recording.

So, how DID you handle the spread-out and separated phonemes in the lyrics?

John

--
John & Susie Howell
Virginia Tech Department of Music