Hello all, and thanks David Bailey,

>Do you have an articulation such as a staccato on the half note?
No articulations at this point.

Go into playback options and   click on the More Options and then uncheck all
the "Play Recorded . . .   " boxes.

No "More options on the Window/Playback menu
Also not finding the "Play Recorded option"

BTW note entry was done via Speedy Entry/external midi keyboard.

As a "bandaid fix" I exported to midi, then
TGTools/Modify/Rests/Simplify/Minimize rests by expanding...

But I'd like to pre-empt this step at the note entry level.

Thanks to all and anyone who can helpl.

Hi John Howell!

best,

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Finale] Notation = Half; Playback = Quarter/ Help Pleas
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > The Subject says it all. >   > How can playback be
altered so that "what I see is what I get"? >   > Thanks, > Earl