>> Expression Tool in Mac-07? I create an expression (such as a
>rehearsal
>> number, or cresc.) and place it in my score, and it "jumps" to a
>> location other than where I have pointed. It is sometimes
>misplaced as
>> much as one staff, or one measure.
>
>I mentioned a similar problem on MM's forum a couple months
>ago, but got no response from other users - perhaps my issue
>is really a feature.  If a staff is reduced using the resize
>tool and note positioning's note alignment point is defined as
>"horizontal click position," then the expression shows up to
>the left of where you click on that staff. The distance it's
>displaced depends on how much the staff is reduced.

It has been a known bug for several years. Ironically, it appeared at least
five years ago, was fixed in one version, and then returned. The 'jump'
occurs vertically, too. MM ignores it requests to fix it. Use system
reduction instead staff reduction and the vertical error does not happen. I
don't know if this avoids the horizontal problem.

Richard Yates