I'd rather get two 10,000 RPM drives, and RAID 0 them together than use a ram disk.

A-NO-NE Music wrote:
Lawrence David Eden / 2007/08/07 / 07:59 AM wrote:

Your best bet would be to download the free trial and give it a test drive.

Which one are you suggesting?

Also how much physical RAM do you have?  My guess is you need to have at
least 3.7GB (the upper limit of 32-bit system for single caching) to see
the benefit of RAM Disk without interfering the vm stack.

My G5 Dual 2.5GHz has only 3.5GB, and MBP2.4 has only 2GB.  When I open
20 camera raw, I easily get 6 to 9 vm stack.  This means RAM Disk, if I
had, will increase the vm stack in a bad way.