That is what I thought as well.

http://www.osxfaq.com/tips/ram/index.ws
http://lowendmac.com/x-basics/02/0201.html

Those two articles pretty much debunk Ram disks as well...........

Darcy James Argue wrote:
RAM disks are totally counterproductive in OS X.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY

On 06 Aug 2007, at 12:46 PM, Eric Dannewitz wrote:

http://www.keyboardmaestro.com/main/

I tried it out, and decided that iKeys was better for me.

Question about the Ram Disk. Does it actually speed things up? Are you using this on an OLD mac (sounds like it)? I can see it maybe speeding it up a little, but on a newer Intel mac I would wonder what the speed benefit would be.........

Lawrence David Eden wrote:
Just wanted to make others on the List aware of a pretty powerful macro program that is available for download....

Keyboard Maestro. The program is free for 30 days, then costs $20. It is almost as complete as Quickeys, but it lacks the ability to record a sequence. Although I miss this feature, I have been able to recreate most of the macros that I used with OS9.

Another thing I miss with my recent switch to OSX, is the loss of my RAM DISK. I found a freeware program on the web called Esperance DV that solved this problem. It creates a RAM DISK at startup.