Aaron Sherber wrote:
[snip]> (I have said for years that the two main things keeping me from
exploring Sibelius in depth were the lack of Scroll view and the lack of something like Speedy. Now they've got Scroll view....)

Sibelius doesn't have the 3-octave keyboard, but they do use the alpha keys a through g to place pitches. Like Simple Entry, it will place the closest pitch of that name, but the octave leap key is so easy to use -- ctrl-upcursor or ctrl-downcursor that work can proceed very rapidly, I have found, in Sibelius. And manipulating the numeric keypad to select the time value is very easy, as is the addition of sharps/flats/naturals and staccato/accent marks.

--
David H. Bailey