At 07:40 AM 8/10/2007 -0400, Aaron Sherber wrote:
>In Speedy, with
>my left hand choosing pitches from the letter keys and my right hand
>choosing durations from the num keypad, I can go like blazes.
>Anything that makes me move my hands from those positions slows me down.

Agreed on keeping Speedy.

I use the arrows rather than letter keys because I have the repeat time set
very fast, and the hands stay where the other frequently used items are:
slash, equals, quote, semicolon, shift arrows, p, o, l, etc. With the
insert key now working, I don't even have to move left for the
shift-upper-number insert, so I never have to look at the keyboard or
screen anymore -- just keep my hands on numeric (right) and the "new" left
home row starting on L. I just concentrate on the paper score in front of
me, or on composing if that's what I'm doing.

Whoever did the design of Speedy's keystrokes originally many years ago
created a perfect layout for this touch-typist.

It's one more way of working with Speedy -- and I guess it's time for
another note to MM not to abandon this.

Dennis