Hi Darcy,

I get crashes more often in 2008 than I used to, crashes much more often than hangs, and I think they happen consistently when some computer intensive thing is about to happen at the same time as an Auto-Save is about to kick in - a playback is about to begin, or a Mass Edit thing, but sometimes just trying to enter a note or edit something will catch the program and confuse it. This is only what I conclude from what I am trying to understand from the experience. I don't really know what's going on. I can report that it happens with some regularity, and more often than I can find easily tolerable.

I lose 5 minutes of work when it does happen - sometimes that's not much (slowpoke that I can be), but it can be a lot, if I've been moving quickly.

Chuck