Hi folks,

I don't know about you, but the thing I simply miss most in Finale, and I've
been using it for almost 20 years now, is file compatibility.

Every version has a new file format which is not compatible with older
versions - that would be ok - IF - and only if - there was the option to
save "as Finale 200x" or something like that.

Even better if we also could save "as Sibelius 4.0" or something like that.

Microsoft is brilliant (in that way). Besides not changing the format from
Word97 to 2003, one still has the option in office 2007 to "SAVE AS"
97-2003-doc instead of using the new docx format.

I like the linked parts, and even the new tool combination of the former
arrow and move tool, but I would gladly go back if I could have my wish
fulfilled.

I have a lot of colleagues who either have older versions of Finale (hell,
we have Finale 2006 at the school I work) or use Sibelius (which I get
tempted more and more over the years) - and I have to send them PDFs or midi
files.

At least PDFs work fine for me - I have been waiting almost ten years for
working EPS files - they worked once, and then a long time, they didn't, and
now they do sometimes - but not always, and with problems between macs and
PCs, certain fonts... bla bla...

When I think how much time they have used to bring us things like "Mic
notation" or "scanning" that still don't work. Or all the VST stuff - when I
want a playback, I use a sequencer software, and certainly not Finale - but
ok, I didn't mind if it wasn't so slow to load the presets of - say -
Garritan BigBand.

So I would be glad if others shared my opinion and we could make Finale
better...

Cheers

Kurt

--
       |\\
       |//
      /|            Kurt Gnos                   http://www.gnos.org
     / |_           Alte Baarerst. 1            Tel. /Fax   +41 41 710 61 73
    ( (|  \\        CH-6300 Zug                 Mobile:     +41 79 460 59 37
     \_|_//         Switzerland                 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

     \\/