Ok. I agree. Bug fixes are important. Or better - only to bring new
functions into Finale if they are bug free. (Can't remember any)...;-)

BUT - Linked parts are working *quite* fine for me and are a lot better than
"extract parts". The engraver slurs may be unconsistent but hey - remember
the times you had to fine-tune *every* slur "by hand"? (I do)

I *really* miss the file compatibility most because I do a lot of stuff in
teams - projects for choir, for band, and it was so much easier if we could
exchange and open our files instead of relying on PDFs and starting from
scratch, or going through the pains of using midi files (they ARE a pain if
you have to use them with Finale). It would be *so* nice if you could just
open it on any computer having an adequate software running, as you can with
"doc"-file or power-point-files, or PDFs. That would be the sign of real
professionality for me.

While I find most of the "new" stuff of the last 10 years not important for
my work, it is certainly significant that Make Music (Coda) do/did not do
their homework.

At the moment there don't even exists a "Finale Notepad 2008", so nobody but
Finale 2008 users can use my files. And I would like to open it in every PC,
MAC, PocketPC, Cellular Phone, Windows Mobile, Linux, Unix, Next, Atari,
Amiga and Commodore C-64.

Nah, sorry, I'm just being frustrated - I'm contended if I can open them on
any actual PC or Mac using Finale or Sibelius.

Kurt
--
       |\\
       |//
      /|            Kurt Gnos                   http://www.gnos.org
     / |_           Alte Baarerst. 1            Tel. /Fax       +41 41 710
61 73
    ( (| \\         CH-6300 Zug                 Mobile:         +41 79 460
59 37
     \_|_//         Switzerland                 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

     \\/