> Since PDFs are basically postscript, and Finale's display, I guess, is
> also
> a kind of postscript, this should be solved easily.

This does not address the fact that Finale's "Compile Postscript Listing"
function produces a perfect display. Finale prints to Postscript and
compiles Postscript quite differently.

Just look at the Postscript listings themselves. They're different almost
immediately -- and it doesn't matter which Postscript driver is used. I've
been through dozens because I have many installed for different print
jobs.

I also have Distiller, Ghostscript and docPrint Pro. The same results
occur with those -- great results from "Compile Postscript Listing" and
terrible from printing to Postscript.

The example you posted looks like the quality display produced by "Compile
Postscript Listing" rather than print-to-Postscript. What was your
printing sequence from Finale? And what printer driver were you printing
to?

Dennis