I have been using FinWin2k8 for a month or so, mostly entering church music and doing free work for friends. I would by no means consider myself a heavy user, since this is my "night job" (at very low pay, i.e., zero). I also do my composition in Finale.

I have to admit the discussion of switching to Sibelius very tempting, given that, I still find much of using Finale pretty klunky. The lyric tools where I spend much of my time have not been updated in just about forever, and have actually gotten worse (the hyphen bug, while not a show-stopper, creates a lot of work-arounds; the music spacing algorithms badly need fixing; the interface in general needs to be re-done). I also really wish they would support Unicode text.

I was apprehensive at first about the change in the mass mover tool, but after having used it for a while, I find that it does indeed save me a lot of time.

I have, however, been very lucky in that I haven't had as many problems as others who are on this list. I would have to agree that 2k9 really needs to have all these bugs obliterated. Since I deal in software support in my day job, there is nothing as difficult for me as supporting buggy software. And, as an end user, I find few things as frustrating as meeting a deadline (I have one every Saturday) when much of your time is spent tweaking your way around hyphens, music spacing errors, and other bits of Finale Naughtiness.

I'm not ready to jump ship, but this does get frustrating. Maybe Finale should "sell no wine before its time."