Mariposa Symphony Orchestra wrote:
I'd hope a rat with paws inquisitively on both ship and lifeboat might display the best instinctual wisdom for self-survival.
After all: I'm merely curious to see if the Roquefort is truly greener on the
other side.

It's not necessarily greener, I'd say it's just as green but better tended.

After David Fenton raised the possibility that these long-time bugs are not being taken care of because MakeMusic may be (emphasize MAY, and I realize that David was not trying to give the impression that he had any inside information) doing a total rewrite of the code base, I am cautiously hopeful that my recent pessimism will eventually prove to be unfounded.

So this rat is firmly keeping his feet firmly planted on both ship and life-boat and hoping against hope that I don't fall into the water as the boats drift apart. But I have my life-preserver on (that's former versions of Finale where I could do all that I needed 99% of the time, even if not with the luxury of linked score/parts).

So no matter what happens I don't intend to drown in the mess of notation sofware. :-)

--
David H. Bailey