On 16.10.2007 dhbailey wrote:
I'm not quite sure how to answer this -- Sibelius's slurs look fine to me.
I've never really understood the difference between Engraver Slurs and Finale's
normal slurs, so I can't really answer whether Sibelius's slurs work the same,
worse or better than Engraver Slurs.

All I want to know is this: Do Sibelius's slurs automatically avoid collisions with noteheads and accidentals? And furthermore, do the tips automatically avoid staff lines?

Although Finale Engraver slurs are one of the most unreliable things in the whole program, they are nonetheless a huge time saver when they work.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de