David, I'm sorry if I offended you. It was not my intent to insult Finale our your working method, merely to say that while Speedy Entry is for many (myself included) the most efficient manner of working with Finale, Sibelius works best with keyboard step time entry methods.

I realize that Finale had Simple Entry long before Sibelius hit the US but it was little more than a clumsy point & click novice method. It was only when Sibelius developed really useful step time entry that Finale began to modify Simple Entry into the very productive tool it has become today. Even in my Finale 2005, the Simple Entry methods are clumsy compared to Sibelius. I am told it's gotten much better in later versions.

This is not to insult Finale; I think we've all become used to seeing good ideas migrate from one software to another. Think how many things have changed in the last 5 years in all software fields. Heck, Sibelius now has "Panorama view". We all know where that idea came from.

I know you prefer the Finale interface. You have written that in response to me before. I respect that and know you're not the only one. It would be a boring world if we were all the same. My purpose in that thread was simply to try and smooth the way for those trying Sibelius out. I posted it on the Sibelius list because I thought it inappropriate on this one and I hoped to get other Sibelius users to contribute their experiences.

Please accept my apology for any misunderstanding.

Richard Smith