At 07:29 PM 10/17/2007, Noel Stoutenburg wrote:
>use substantially equivalent products. As far as I know, it is _not_
>standard practice to offer to sell your product to user's of competitive
>products at half the price you sell the product to your own user base.

That's not true. Competitive cross-grade pricing is very common in the software world.

>can't speak for any current S~ users, but for my part, finding out that
>MakeMusic had such an offer like that for S~ users would irritate me
>mightily.

You mean like the $199 crossgrade price MM offers to Sibelius owners? (Incidentally, the normal crossgrade price offered by Sibelius is also $199; the $99 price is a special for October.)

Don't forget also that you can get Fin08 for only $100 if you happen to own last year's Finale, whereas it costs $600 to a new customer. Or you could buy it new for $350 if you happen to be associated with a school or chuch.

Aaron.