--- Eric Dannewitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Don't even know if Finale 2007/2008 is going to work
> on Mac OS X
> 10.5.......and we won't even suggest that SmartMusic
> 10.1 is going to
> work with it......it crashed all the time if you had
> Safari 3 (which
> comes with 10.5) installed........

I'm sure SmartMusic and Finale will be made to work
with 10.5 if complications arise. In case you haven't
noticed, MakeMusic and Sibelius trade off leadership
roles in keeping up with Apple's constant changes.
After all, Sibelius was a year behind MakeMusic with
their native Intel support.

Personally I hate OS changes. I buy an OS for the
programs I need to run, not for the features in the
OS. To me an OS change just means I'm going to have to
replace software, or worse, that some programs I use
will never be available to me again. And for programs
that do get updated to work on new OS's, that's time
and money the company spent on making old features
work again. I'd prefer they spend their money working
on new features and bug fixes.

Tyler