On Oct 18, 2007, at 2:19 PM, Tyler Turner wrote:

Personally I hate OS changes. I buy an OS for the
programs I need to run, not for the features in the
OS. To me an OS change just means I'm going to have to
replace software, or worse, that some programs I use
will never be available to me again.

I agree about OS changes.

The only reason I upgraded to Tiger at all is because I had a disk crash problem and when I took it to the Apple Store to fix they accidentally restored me as Tiger instead of Panther. Then when I complained they said they could put Panther back for me, but if they did it would wipe out all my data, so I'd have to either restore from my own backups (which weren't entirely up to date) or else pay them to do a backup+restore for me.

After brief consideration, I concluded it would be less hassle to just accept the free upgrade I was given. On the whole, I don't find Tiger to be significantly better than Panther. Some things are different, but nothing I really care about. The most noticeable difference is the pervasiveness of Spotlight, which I absolutely hate.

mdl