--- dhbailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The problem is that there were not the complaints on
> the Sibelius list
> that have come up on the Finale list.  In other
> words, while that list
> contained some serious bugs, they didn't affect
> users to the same extent
> that Finale's bugs have affected Finale users.
>
> The reality is that Sib5.0 was more ready for prime
> time than Finale2k8.
>   And Sib5.1 has addressed those bugs.
>
> Anybody know anything about Finale2k8A yet?

I disagree with you. I found the bugs in Sib 5.0 to be
more severe and more in-your-face than those with
Finale 2008. Sibelius 5 crashed several times on me
within my first 30 minutes of use, each time while
doing different actions. And I also disagree that
there has been less complaining. You talk about the
list, but what about their chat page? People ran into
plenty of problems with it, and I'd say that fewer
problems (and fewer serious ones) were pointed out on
MakeMusic's forum than on Sibelius'.

Tyler