You can also just edit the Lyrics Text Style and it will change them all and make it that position as the default.

On Oct 29, 2007, at 5:27 PM, dhbailey wrote:

Kurt Gnos wrote:
Hi,
today I gave Sibelius my second try.
I entered and arranged a simple melody (S/A in canon) and T/B accompaniment,
to check out copying, pasting, lyrics and so on.
Many things work quite differently than in Finale, but I got most things
working.
I could enter notes, copy and paste things, add lyrics. Sibelius crashed once (something about a C-Library), but for the rest of the time worked quite fine. Playback: I had to restart two times because one of my SATB voices would not
play back. Restarting fixed it.
I now have entered the music and lyrics. I wanted to shift the lyrics a little lower because they are too near to the staff symstem. I've checked all the menus and fiddled around for half an hour but I could not find a way to adjust the verse 1 baseline. I am quite certain there must be a way to do it, but where? I can adjust one syllable no problem, but the whole lyrics
line?

highlight the entire staff, then under Edit menu select FILTER and then select Lyrics. Then only the lyrics are selected and using up or down arrow (or clicking and dragging) will move all the lyrics.

[snip]

--
David H. Bailey