Is this bug well known or reproducible on other systems?

it's not a bug, has worked this way for many versions

Not only does this happen in 2007-08 but also 2005-06 and probably before. It has worked this way for as long as I remember, and yes, it is a mighty pain in pre-2008 versions.

toggle "show active layer only" using a macro key programmed by you, drag-assign, toggle

However, in 2008 (I haven't checked 2007) the articulations in the suppled default files are much smarter, as there is a new setting to flip them to the correct side when they are applied to layers.

If you are in a jazz or commercial style where you want most articulations above the note instead of opposite the stem, then the new feature won't do it properly and you have to go back to flipping them by hand.

check the settings of the articulations, you can select the behaviour you want in the Position menu

--

shirling & neueweise ... new music publishers
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] :.../ http://newmusicnotation.com