At 04:14 PM 12/1/2007, dhbailey wrote:
>Aaron Sherber wrote:
>> Maybe I'm not understanding, but why would you pay for extra parts for
>> something like this? Wouldn't you just xerox the original set you
>> bought? Or buy the set and "print" it to PDF, so that you can make as
>> many originals as you want?
>>

>If it's setup as I think it is, there is a single file with a pre-set
>number of each part in it, just as there would be in the printed parts
>in a set purchased in a music store.
>
>Hit the PRINT button once and it will print that preset number of parts,
>so you can't tell it to print 30 flutes (if you're like many high school
>bands in the US) and tell it not to print a contrabass clarinet part.
>You click PRINT, you get what it prints for you and that is your one and
>only chance to print.
>
>You don't download the PDF file or the Finale file or anything to your
>computer.  The material is simply printed.

Right. Haven't you ever used Distiller or PDF95 or some other PDF printer driver? It looks to your system exactly like a printer. If this site lets you print to your physical printer, there's nothing to stop you from printing to PDF instead. And even if you get one big PDF with all the parts, you can still selectively print pages from that later.

Or, as I said, there's always a xerox machine.

Aaron.