At 01:31 AM 12/13/2007, Christopher Smith wrote:
>Yeah, when Finale pastes partial measures, it rebeams to the meter.
>Now that the Selection Tool selects partial measures as part of its
>normal operation, that means that if you are ever copying partial
>measures then the target gets rebeamed. I have always hated this
>behaviour...

I don't believe this is true in Fin2008. I was just playing around, trying to reproduce what Chuck described, and I was unable to.

>I get the distinct impression that Simple was (newly) designed for
>laptop users,

Well, they do explicitly include a second key mapping for Simple that's designed for laptop users, but I can't tell you what the differences are because I don't use Simple.

Aaron.