John,

Apple laptops have many dual-function keys. You trigger the alternate function by holding down the "fn" key. The keys on the right-hand side of the keyboard (6789 UIO[ JKL; M,./ ) form an alternate numeric keypad that can be invoked by holding down the "fn" key, or (as I just discovered), using the numlock key (which, on laptops, shares a key with F6).

On an extended keyboard, the Clear key is part of the numeric keypad. On Apple laptops, the clear key is part of the alternate numeric keypad, which means it shares a key with the 6 key on the top number row. Like I said, it is invoked by pressing fn-6.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]