Dear Lawrence,

I have done this a number of times and I sometimes encounter file corruption problems when converting older files into newer versions of Finale. Whether or not this is a result of the seemingly logical procedure you describe is not clear.

I don't know that this helps because I don't really know the source of the corruption, but I've done what you describe often enough that the idea that it might be a cause of problems gives me pause.

Chuck