On Mar 1, 2008, at 10:48 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

"was  told by tech support that my old method of clearing music out of
an  old file that I liked the look of to serve as a blank for a new
piece was not advised, as it was sure to cause file corruption at
some point. I don't know why that would cause it, as opposed to the
myriad edits that one does in the course of building a new  piece,"

Has anyone had experience of problems/file corruption caused by using this method of creating a blank? This is the way I do it and I'm now concerned
that I may have piled up a stack of problems for later. (although, as
Christopher says, this would seem to be merely the same as making a new edit)

Thanks,

Lawrence

Well, I have, which is why I mention it. But I don't KNOW that I caused it this way. Tech support told me to cut it out, dammit.

I still get evidence of oddities when I open old files in a newer version of Finale, though I don't know whether to attribute it to imprecise file translation or an appearance of file errors that I introduced from my old method of creating new files.

Christopher