[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[snip]

Personally I have thought about and would love to see something like
an independent music publishers co-operative which, if large enough,
might actually give the big guys a run for their money. Â In my
conversations with music teachers (much of my music is geared to the
education level market), they are very receptive to new material and
would like to see more variety available to them. Â So I think, at
least for the educational market, the door is ajar.
[snip]

Especially with the ability we have to tailor copy-making to the situation, where the big publishers seem rather intransigent.

The hard part for many is the business end of things -- being setup to handle the peculiar billing needs of various school departments, purchase orders and the like, along with being able financially to survive the intervening months between the shipping of the order and the actual cashing of the check for that order.

--
David H. Bailey