Richard Smith wrote:
John Howell wrote:

   "I do hate the automatic justification "feature," but I seem to be
   the only one who does.
[snip]
But, I suggest working with the auto justification for a while first. Once you get a feel for what it's doing, you'll feel like you are in control again and then you may like it. Page layout is, to me, the way in which Sibelius and Finale differ the most. I've have grown to prefer Sibelius' approach but I didn't at first.

I like the page layout features in Sibelius a bit better than Finale's, but only by a small margin. I hate the auto-justification aspect of either program (the space systems evenly feature of Finale), preferring to be in control of the entire page myself.

John, you're not the only one who hates the auto justification feature in Sibelius! :-)

You might also learn the tools under the "layout" menu. There you can force a system or a page break exactly where you want it. You can also force a bar to the next line by highlighting the barline and hitting "enter".

The filter is great tool. It can save lots of time and tedious mouse clicks.

I agree that the ability to filter for very specific items is a useful feature of Sibelius which I wish were available in Finale. I use it only a small part of the time, but when I use it, it makes things so much easier.

--
David H. Bailey