As far as I can tell, Sibelius slurs have just three control points -- in other words, you can only adjust the distance of the tips from the noteheads and the size of the arc. You can't really adjust the contour of the arc at all. This is. Not. Acceptable.

Finale's slurs have five control points, which gives you *much* more control over their appearance. There's no comparison. Sibelius certainly has some areas where it is superior to Finale, but slurs are definitely not one of them.

RE: gliss lines -- first off, they do not automatically attach to the notes at they do in Finale. Well, technically, they are "attached," but they are also all horizontal by default, so they must be dragged into position. The problem is that whenever you drag a control point in Sibelius, you have to drag it *really far* before it actually moves. (This is true of slurs as well.) So if you want to make a small adjustment, you have to drag the line waaaaaaay further than you actually want it, then back into the position you originally wanted.

The other problem is that the opposite end of the line does not stay put when you do this -- so if you are trying to extend the left end of the gliss line down a few pixels, the right end will start doing something crazy like extending in the opposite direction. It's infuriating. And even when you get one looking the way you like it, copying it to another measure does not preserve its appearance consistently, so if you have several glisses in a row that are supposed to look exactly the same, you have to eyeball it with endless, extremely frustrating manual tweaking.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY