On Mar 23, 2008, at 4:10 PM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

Hi Owain,

On 23 Mar 2008, at 10:36 AM, Owain Sutton wrote:
 incompleteness of tuplets,

using the names for note durations that actually tell you how long the notes are.

What struck me immediately is Owain's use of the word "tuplets" for "non-binary division of the beat" when only a Finale user has ever heard or would understand such a term. An excellent example of a word springing into being because it was needed, kind of like a shoemaking elf from a fairy tale...

[I'm joking, of course. The US will never refer to the game where you kick the ball with your feet as "football."]

Nice one. 8-) Kind of like in Toronto where you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway. Except of course at "rush" hour (odd name considering the speed of the traffic), when everyone is pretty much parked on the parkway, too. 8-)

Christopher