Oh no!

I was really hoping that this would have been improved in 2009. I have 2009 but haven't installed yet as I'm in the middle of a big project, I was also going to wait for the first tech. upgrade based on my experiences of previous upgrades.

I must start to use TG tools if it copies across the hairpins, something I have never understood why the explode metatool never covered- I mean, isn't it plainly obvious that 99% of users would want all expressions etc to go with the explosion into the separate parts?

The ironic thing that is that if you choose to IMPLODE multi parts you get multiple expressions and hairpins in the target part - again, exactly what you don't want in this case, but it proves that they could easily program these things in if a little thought was to go into it. There must be a lot of people who use the explode facility, and it's something which a first timer would always demand from a chord based or piano reduction - so why can't this be perfected, even advanced to work a bit like the mass mover filter/choices?

Jonathan

Hi Chuck,

This is indeed the new behaviour, though I doubt it is a bug. It's just a stupid change that they probably enacted knowingly with the new expressions, but without checking who needed it first.

I liked being able to put all my dynamics, articulations, slurs and hairpins in before exploding. In TG Tools Smart Explosion it even copies the hairpins. Now if I use Finale's explode function, I will have to copy Smart Hairpins as before, but now I have to add Expressions.

Christopher