On 27-Aug-08, at 27-Aug-08  5:36 PM, Chuck Israels wrote:

On Aug 27, 2008, at 2:19 PM, Jonathan Smith wrote:

Ah, but the ONLY thing that doesn't get copied across is the smart shape. Any staff expression comes out in all the exploded parts, as does any accent, staccato, or any articulation assigned to the original chord. So the single instance theory seems to me to be applied in an inconsistent manner and is not at all logical to the idea of "explode" to parts.

Also, I seem to remember that a few versions (years) back the hairpins and other smart shapes DID get transferred on explode, maybe others can remember? I'll open up a few older versions to see if I can put my finger on the exact one.

That's what I remember too, rightly or not. I think the new behavior is related to the new expression design, which I find not to be without its problems. Some things work fine, but this does not, and there are issues with linked parts and the fact that you can't assign a dynamic to a note in layer two and have it position itself in relation to that note. (Down stem bass drum notes in drum set parts, for instance.)

Chuck

Hmm, I don't remember that. Maybe it was before Smart hairpins? I only ever had it working in TG Tools.

Christopher