Unfortunately, no.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 28, 2008, at 12:02 AM, dhbailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

Christopher Smith wrote:
On Aug 27, 2008, at 5:36 PM, Chuck Israels wrote:
the new expression design, which I find not to be without its problems. Some things work fine, but this does not, and there are issues with linked parts and the fact that you can't assign a dynamic to a note in layer two and have it position itself in relation to that note. (Down stem bass drum notes in drum set parts, for instance.)

Chuck
Yes, this is a huge pain. When I assign a dynamic to a tuba part alone in Layer 1, the dynamic moves downward nicely. As soon as I have the same tuba part in Layer 2 with bass trombone in Layer 1 above it, the dynamic seems only to take the Layer 1 notes into account.
Christopher

Does that change if you've put the focus on layer 2 by clicking on the 2 in the lower left of the screen before assigning the dynamic?

--
David H. Bailey